Our public schools are in crisis.
We need leadership that will fight for our students, parents, teachers and school support staff.
We deserve transparent, effective leaders. It’s time we take back our schools with bold fresh ideas and real solutions:
- Budget Deficits - Increased efficiency. Manage tax dollars responsibly to benefit students and teachers.
- Substance Abuse - Provide relevant education programs for students, teachers And parents.
- Staff Drug Testing - Zero tolerance for drug use on or off campus. Fight for pre-employment and random testing for all personnel.
- Student Safety - Hold students, teachers and administrators accountable. Support police resource presence on campus.
- Expand Curriculum- Smarter spending equals more teachers. An enriched prepared, productive students.
- Transparency – Add Financial information about board and administration’s compensation packages to the district website, give the public access to detailed budget information.
Let’s work together for a stronger bond between our district and the public it should serve. I believe, unequivocally, in public education. I am dedicated to serving all children, regardless of their differences or challenges. I will work strategically and tirelessly, for the entire school community.
I am married with two daughters who attend our public schools. My twenty-year expertise in budget management and finance, combined with my passion to help the community, will serve our children well.
Thanks for your support.
Paid for by Josie Hirsch for Simi Valley School Board 2012